We are proud to be Europe's largest specialist laboratory which processes and stores stem cells obtained from umbilical cord blood, placental blood and cord tissue that can be used for transplantation.
Our laboratory collects and processes cord blood and tissue across Poland 24/7. All procedures are performed in accordance with the high standards set by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and monitored by our Scientific Board.
Get a glimpse of the blood processing procedure:
Additionally, our laboratory offers public banking services at the request of the Ministry of Health. This is included within the Programme for the Development of Transplantation Medicine POLGRAFT as well as in research projects in collaboration with research institutions (e.g. Polish Academy of Sciences).
We offer the most extensive range of the child’s umbilical cord blood and mother’s blood testing which include among others:
- CD34+ cell count evaluation ensuring the quality of biological material
- umbilical cord blood type determination (so called AB0 and Rh system)
- assessment of cell viability using flow cytometry protocol
- assays for detection of Hepatitis B virus antigen (HBsAg)
- assays for detection of Hepatitis B virus antibodies anti-HBc
- assays for detection of Hepatitis C virus anti-HCV antibodies
- assays for detection of anti-HIV antibodies 1, 2
- assays for detection of Treponema pallidum antibodies (syphilis)
- assays for detection of Cytomegalovirus antibodies anti-CMV IgM)
- culture test for aerobic, anaerobic and fungi bacteria
- WBC evaluation prior to and following blood processing
- Genetic test (PCR) for the presence of HBV, HCV, HIV