Polish Stem Cell Bank, as the largest bank in Poland, ensures that it continually offers the highest quality of service. With its experienced team of employees, PBKM is constantly improving standards by introducing innovative solutions both in terms of technology and offer.
Polish Stem Cell Bank is the only bank in Poland that received the consent from the Main Pharmaceutical Inspector (GIF) for the production of an advanced therapy medicinal product of mesenchymal cells from Wharton's Jelly.
The manufactured drug product is administered to patients undergoing experimental medical treatments, if the existing standard therapy did not achieve the expected results. The therapy is carried out with the consent of the ethics committee. So far, the most common cells prepared by PBKM were administered in neurological (mainly in autism, cerebral palsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), haematological and orthopaedic diseases.
Multiple effective, the use of mesenchymal stem cells in haematological diseases, cancer, or in transplantation have been described, inter alia, as such diseases:
- prevention of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)
- acute graft versus host disease (aGVHD)
- treatment of chronic graft versus host disease (cGVHD)
- reconstruction autologous hematopoietic
- reconstruction of the hematopoietic system of the recipient using allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- treatment of toxicity caused by chemotherapy and radiotherapy