Polish Stem Cell Bank is the largest stem cell bank in Poland. We have been trusted by over 150 000 parents, which is 85% of parents in Poland who decided to bank stem cells from umbilical cord blood.
When deciding on umbilical cord blood collection, it is imperative to choose a bank which will guarantee the optimal level of service quality. Over 140 000 families have trusted us, which accounts for 85% of all parents who have collected cord blood in Poland. They entrusted their child’s precious blood samples to the care of the Polish Stem Cell Bank (PBKM). We are extremely grateful for our clients’ trust and for choosing us as their preferred bank . The reasons why we pride ourselves on being the leader of the blood banking industry are multiple – below is a list of features prioritized by our clients.
Mission and vision More
The primary focus of our activities is the collection and storage of cord blood stem cells. These cells can then be used in case of emergency for the treatment of your child, or if genetically compatible, another family member. Our knowledge, as well as our innovative technology for stem cell storage and practical experience as evidenced by tens of thousands of frozen stem cell units, allows us to assure families in case of serious disease.
Public banking More
At the initiative of the Polish Stem Cell Bank, a public cord blood bank was founded. Previously, free of charge cord blood collection and storage was only available at the Infant Jesus Clinical Hospital in Warsaw. Today, this service is also offered at the Princess Anna Mazowiecka Hospital in Warsaw. The objective is to expand the supply of cord blood units and increase its use for transplantation in Poland, as is the case in Western European countries and the United States. By virtue of agreement concluded with the Ministry of Health, we also provide blood collections as part of the Advancement of Transplantation Medicine Programme POLGRAFT.
Parents who donate cord blood to a public bank waive their right to retrieve it for future use. If you express your wish to donate cord blood stem cells free of charge to a public bank, we encourage you to leave your contact details and one of our experts will soon be in touch.
Key values More
A key value of Polish Stem Cell Bank is to respect the rights of future parents making an informed decision regarding the possibility of obtaining the delivery and storage of stem cells from umbilical cord blood, placenta and umbilical cord. It is an approach common with the European Parliament resolution of 11.09.2012 in the matter of voluntary donation of tissues and cells.
PBKM key values are:
- Compliance with medical guidelines – set forth and monitored by the Scientific Board
- World class quality standards for banking – as proved by our AABB Accreditation
- Clinical and scientific collaboration in the field of cord blood use – such as with Transplantology Clinics in Poland and abroad and the Polish Academy of Science. Our transplantations
- Focusing exclusively on cord blood banking – family and public in cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
- Guarantee satisfaction to our clients at every stage of the service provided – from signing the agreement through blood collection and storage until cell use – our experts are at your disposal at all times.
Polish Stem Cell Bank, as the largest bank in Poland, ensures that it continually offers the highest quality of service. With its experienced team of employees, PBKM is constantly improving standards by introducing innovative solutions both in terms of technology and offer.
Polish Stem Cell Bank is the only bank in Poland that received the consent from the Main Pharmaceutical Inspector (GIF) for the production of an advanced therapy medicinal product of mesenchymal cells from Wharton's Jelly.
The manufactured drug product is administered to patients undergoing experimental medical treatments, if the existing standard therapy did not achieve the expected results. The therapy is carried out with the consent of the ethics committee. So far, the most common cells prepared by PBKM were administered in neurological (mainly in autism, cerebral palsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), haematological and orthopaedic diseases.
Multiple effective, the use of mesenchymal stem cells in haematological diseases, cancer, or in transplantation have been described, inter alia, as such diseases:
- prevention of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)
- acute graft versus host disease (aGVHD)
- treatment of chronic graft versus host disease (cGVHD)
- reconstruction autologous hematopoietic
- reconstruction of the hematopoietic system of the recipient using allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- treatment of toxicity caused by chemotherapy and radiotherapy